Sèvres Biscuit Porcelain Clock
A biscuit porcelain clock by Sèvres, Paris, circa 1850, exhibiting an allegorical group of three young figures in classical drapery and a winged cupid with his quiver and a basket of roses. The stepped clock case is adorned with gilded bronze beading around a white porcelain dial and mounts on four corners. The twin barrel movement has a steel string suspension system and rings the hours and halves; the base features a gilded frieze around the front and sides, on six toupie feet. The case incised with the Sevres mark.
This is a fine example of Sèvres biscuit porcelain modelled after an 18th century Sèvres grouping referred to as "La Larcin de la Rose" by Louis-Simon Boizot (1743-1809), who created the grouping explicitly for Sèvres in 1788.
17"H x 14.5"W x 7"D